Saturday, November 29, 2014

Found New Food in Chukai, Kemaman!

It was last week when we were back from Kuantan, thinking to stop by Restoran Fook Hei at Bandar Chukai for a Chinese dinner, but accidentally walked past Restoran Fook Hei to its neighboring kopitiam!

Because Fook Hei opened at 6 pm and it was still 15 minutes to 6 at that time, so we decided to give a try at this kopitiam.

I was quite surprised to see this kopitiam because I had never noticed such kopitiam exists beside a restaurant I have visited several times.

It is a typical Chinese kopitiam operated by an old Chinese couple, helped by the couple's daughter, serving Wantan Mee, Yong Tau Fu, Chicken Wing etc and only opened from evening till night.

Nostalgic moment because it made me missed the old UTP times where I always drove out of the campus to its nearest town, Tronoh for breakfast like Char Siew Wantan Mee with some Yong Tau Fu and not forgetting the Kopi O.

Direct translation of the kopitiam name to English: Nameless/ Unnamed Kopitiam
Eric ordered a dry Wantan Mee and Yong Tau Fu broth
Aaron ordered a curry Yong Tau Fu Wantan Mee
BBQ Honey Chicken
All the Wantans and Fu Chok
My Favourite Yong Tau Fu

And myself ordered a dry Wantan Mee and Yong Tau Fu broth too.

Quite a satisfying meal as it just cost me RM9 while I took so much of the Yong Tau Fu and most importantly, it was delicious. It would have easily been RM20 if I ate the same amount of food in the Yong Tau Fu stall in Mesra Mall.

Quality and quantity can vary so much.

Finally found a new place to eat in future! No need to worry going to some same places over and over again anymore :)

No comments:

Post a Comment