Saturday, October 25, 2014

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2014 - Part 1

The Standard Chartered KL Marathon was 2 weeks ago, but I am free only at this time to write about it.

Last year February when I worked for Standard Chartered at Menara Standard Chartered as an intern, I still remembered those hanging banners, flyers and emails in office promoting this marathon. Thinking that it is a marathon organized by the company I worked for, I definitely had strong desire to join it for the first time. Too bad, registration for all categories closed already due to overwhelming responses from the public.

This year I finally managed to register for Honda Malaysia 21 km! It is just rm65 for my category, which includes race entry pack and certificate.

Today's post is on the day before the event day, where I collected my race entry pack at Dataran Merdeka.


The crew were still busy setting up barricades at the starting and finishing line.

To be frank, I am not prepared at all to run 21 km the next day. The naked truth is that during all my trainings before the run, I have never completed a real full 21 km, what I did were just short sprints of roughly 3 - 4 km. I always think 21 km is as easy as ABC, until I stood at Dataran Merdeka taking all the pictures above.

Confidence built so far gone in seconds, the atmosphere made me nervous and tense.

There were actually mixed feelings, I was nervous yet can't wait for the run to start. Excited yet more butterflies in my stomach.

Along the way, more people were spotted collecting race entry pack too.

What is the race entry pack?

Tadaa!

Race Entry Pack
Salonpas
Race Bib
MSIG Insurance
Limited Edition GP Battery
SEIKO Catalogue of Limited Watches
HONDA Catalogue of Jazz
Race Bag
Race Singlet
October 11 was also my grandmother's birthday so we had a dinner celebration at a Chinese restaurant.

What a good time for me to eat eat and eat, so I would have energy to run the next day hahaha.  

Anyway, happy birthday to my grandmother. May her always be blessed with health and wealth.


Stay Tuned for Part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment