Sunday, October 26, 2014

Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2014 - Part 2

Can't believe I finished 21 km!

In approximately 2 hours and 42 minutes.

That moment when I crossed the finish line, I was famished, exhausted and feeling pain all over my body especially both the legs despite me going into the rest station for muscle spray on the legs several times during the run.

But the sense of accomplishment being a 21 km finisher was too sensational. 1st time participated and still able to finish it, I was so glad all turned out well.

Dataran Merdeka was really packed. I can see some of the finishers taking selfies or welfies, celebrating the achievement, some were just sitting down resting, noise after another, it was just too lively.

Took a glance at Dataran Merdeka, it was not hard to realize that most of the participants, I would say 60% - 70% were vibrant group of teenagers or young adults like me.

There were familiar faces of my friends from secondary schools and UTP, but sadly only a few remembered and greeted me.


 The Honda 21 km finisher medal in close-ups.


This will be one of my unforgettable moments in life and I shall treasure both this medal and the finisher certificate!

My official result - ranked 1346 among over 30,000 runners. Not bad, thinking back, if I skipped walking in some parts of the marathon, I would have better ranking and finishing time. 

I will be back next year, aim to improve my personal ranking and finishing time!

No comments:

Post a Comment