Saturday, December 20, 2014

Lovely December

Several days ago, good lucks befell on me that I had free dinner!

It happened that after playing badminton and back at home, lady boss from Ourhouse Restaurant offered me and my housemates these!

Baked potatoes, curry chicken, fried rice and TURKEY!

There was a company organizing Christmas dinner at the restaurant right beside where I am staying now, and they simply cannot finish the food and we were the lucky ones who got to enjoy the food shares.

Christmas Buffet Dinner at Ourhouse Restaurant

Look at the cars parking in front of the restaurant.

It is something that I hate because I have no where to park my car then.

And three days ago, we finally had our first not-so-official Christmas dinner as housemate thus far in the same restaurant. Originally we were planning to eat the dinner in Paka, but due to the heavy rain and flood, we resorted to it.

I ordered a Chicken Chop and a glass of Heineken

Some of us are on holiday starting next week including myself.

Two more days, then it will be Dongzhi Festival or Winter Solstice Festival. It is time again for the making and eating of tangyuan (汤圆) or balls of glutinous rice. It is a very important festival for us Chinese which symbolize reunion and some of the elderly Chinese believe after the Dongzhi celebration, one will grow one year older instead of Chinese Lunar New Year.

I miss eating ginger tangyuan cooked by my mother. I hope I will be on time to still eat it at Dongzhi night this year.


It made me warm seeing my Prime Minister, Najib Tun Razak or better known as Ah Jib Gor among the Malaysian Chinese writing in Mandarin to wish us a very happy Dongzhi!


After the Dongzhi then we will be fast approaching Christmas and New Year!

2014 is ending soon, time flies, I suddenly miss my family and gf even more. What I learn best in this year is to always cherish the present one because nobody knows when the last goodbye is.

No comments:

Post a Comment